2/7/2017 1 Comment
One of the most pressing questions of the Fourth Industrial Revolution/World Shift is 'what should we be teaching our children right now?' Let me share with you what I found out. But before I get to that, here are two important gatherings I'd like to meet you at in person if you're in the Denver metropolitan area. I'll be presenting at these events...
Thursday, February 9th 2017 “Planning for the Employment Crisis: How can you prepare?" 2017 N.E.W. Connection For Full Employment
Time: 11:30am (my check in) 12:00 (you) to 1:30 pm
Arvada Public Library, 7525 W. 57th Avenue, Arvada
Cross streets are: West 57th Avenue and Webster Street in Arvada, CO
It's free and open to the public.
Saturday, February 25th, 2017 : Thriving and Succeeding In A Time Of Change.
An afternoon workshop will take place Saturday, February 25th from 1-4 at 2055 South Oneida St. Denver, Co, 80224. Parking is free.
Write me back at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know which one you'll be coming to so I can make sure to connect with you.
New education must-haves.
I've spent a lot of time with forward thinking educators, particularly Dr. Dan Lutz, my partner in the non-profit Co-Lead International and a bunch of tech gurus. Here are some conclusions I have come to from those discussions and from my own data...
1. It is important to teach our children how to think, This will increase the odds that the machines will be an extension of our greatest dreams and possibilities. If children do not have dreams and possibilities, someone or something else will dictate their vision forward.
2. It is important to teach our children how to develop vision and a broader sense of what it means to be human. The machines will cover the work and tasks, which will leave humans with the opportunity to discover what it means to be a human being instead of a human doing.
3. The lightning speed of technological development means we can't teach what's ahead. We CAN, however, teach our children how to manage a life of dramatic and constant change for the foreseeable future. Their inability to manage this level of change will lead to significant social disruption as large groups of people will seek to utilize abusive tools to manage the shock of rapid change.
4. The most important subjects to teach our children now include: innovation, creativity, emotional intelligence, higher thought, negotiations skills, intuition and theory. These subjects help us to leverage our uniquely human characteristics to develop a new pathway as we combine these traits with the computational power of AI.
5. We must retrain teachers to understand that most wrote memory knowledge is unnecessary because that information is available via the internet. Teachers now must create spaces where students can explore disparate concepts and ideas and ask what they mean for us individually and collectively.
It appears that FInland is creating a model for this kind of schooling for the Fourth Industrial Revolution/World shift. Read this article. https://brightside.me/wonder-curiosities/finland-will-become-the-first-country-in-the-world-to-get-r...
Really cool tech stuff...
Have you heard of the Blippar app? If you haven't, you soon will. Check out this new tool that may very well replace Google. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dnFhxT7XM
Putting out the intention and releasing the outcome....
I feel very strongly about the idea of living a life of vision while letting go of attachment. Check out this video to get a better sense of this kind of living. It could change your life overnight...
Chet W. Sisk is an author and one of the world's leading Social Futurists. He is also expert on the current world paradigm shift. Find out more about him and the LEAD Global Team at www.leadtheshift.com or you can write him directly at email@example.com